.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, March 17, 2014

Working at the Cinema

The dream started, for the first time, with me already inside the Dream City theater, in the large center theater of the multiple theaters. This one had a stage in front of its screen and two control booths, one for the projectors and another just off to the side and lower for audio and theatrical lighting system. I had been brought in to run the technology for an upcoming presentation that featured a live presenter.

The presenter, of course, didn't have the right connector to make the connection from his computer to the projector (a lovely six lamp affair with two lenses.) I don't know what brand it was, but it seemed to have every possible video input in the world on its back panel, except for the one for this presenter's computer.

"That's the trouble with hosting all these transdimensional events, no real standards."

That made me chuckle, as I work/live in just one of those dimensions and we can't even settle on a standard. I had to go down the ladder into the hallway and then up into the other booth. I rummaged around a bit and found some cables I could take apart to make an adaptor for his computer. Fortunately the presenter was travelling with a companion, as there would need to be someone in the projection booth to advance the presentation (his remote didn't reach from the front of the room.) While I was there to run the stage lights and the sound. I have to admit that I couldn't follow the presentation, and judging from the sparce attendance, and the number of folks who left in the middle, not many others were following it either.

It occurred to me that I have dreams that the content of what I'm doing doesn't actually make any sense if I look at it. This made me wonder exactly who's dream this is. At which point I woke up, so I'm gussing it was mine.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home