.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, March 24, 2014

Wildly Variant Snippets

Was awakened multiple times last night (once by a pair of neighbors who were trying not to shine their lights in one another's homes - while simultaneously pulling out of their driveways. Unfortunately they were headed in opposite directions and attempted to drive through one another. No one was seriously hurt.) Every time I woke it was from a dream, and now, a lunch time later, I can remember none of the dreams themselves.  Just brown and loud, blue and musical, yellow-green and giggly, red-brown and nearly silent but tense, rolling thunder far distant.

I do remember thinking how wildly different the dreams were in content: the look, the sound, the color themes, the characters or lack of characters were as though my dreams were all directed by different directors with different casts, or even different animation teams - some of them were not realistic looking - very cartoon or video game like. It has made me wonder if people who aren't exposed to a wide variety of film or television or other art have dreams that are stylistically the same from night to night. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home