.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My Brain, I Swear...

Went back to work yesterday, and it wore me out. I went to bed at 6 PM to take a nap before going to bed. I slept long enough to dream/hallucinate. Wild electronic beats, flashing lights and people chanting. All I could make out was "...shake your Molotov like you just don't care."

I was stuck fast to the sheets, sweating, and I could hear the noises from outside. I was unable to move and could barely open my eyes. I woke up wondering where that came from. The kids on both sides of the house were outside in their yards, playing, but there was no music anywhere. (Usually you can hear music from one or more neighbors.)

I dreamed, again, of coming home to find N on a stool in the kitchen, emptying the top shelves of my kitchen cabinets and packing the stuff into boxes, even though it was stuff I'd purchased after she left.

I wonder about my brain.

This morning I dreamed I was going through the living room, and there was a lump in the rug. I pushed on it with my foot to smooth it out, and was glad I hadn't stepped or kicked it, as Miranda was under the rug. She didn't look well, so I picked her up and cuddled her, which she usually resists, so I knew she wasn't just rumpled from being under the rug. She seemed okay this morning when they came out for food.

FF
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home