.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Derelict Stowaway, Cute Toes

In the first dream I was on a tugboat being taken out to an abandoned sailboat I had just bought the salvage rights to for four hundred dollars. I was carrying only two bags, one with tools and one with clothes and food. I waved goodbye to the tugboat captain and immediately set to work coiling up the rigging from the broken mast.

The mast still had about half it's height left, so I knew that I would be able to rig enough sail to get back to port. I wondered why the tugboat captain hadn't offered to give me a tow; the water wasn't that rough. I knew that in a storm the lake could be very dangerous, but it was just a little windy.

I made my way to the bridge, and found that there was still power and about thirty gallons of fuel in the generator. I was calculating how far that would get me if I transferred it to the engine, presuming that it was still working. As I was making my plan of action, after turning on the running lights, I heard a noise from the cabin area below.

I made my way below and discovered a small child, between two and five. I offered him some food and drink. He came up to the bridge with me, showing a great deal of fear of the weather. I couldn't get him to tell me his name. It only took me a little bit of work to get my radio working. I contacted the harbor police to let them know that I had found a live passenger on the boat I was salvaging. They advised me to try again in twelve hours, as the weather was too rough to send a helicopter.

The child apologized for hiding on the boat. He'd been playing with friends when the boat had suddenly left the dock. By the time he'd gotten brave enough to come out and tell someone he was on board, there was no one there. Then there was a storm and everything broke and the power went out.

He was pretty smart fo a little guy, he had eaten the refrigerated goods first, and saved the cereals and snack food for last. Judging by what he'd eaten, I guessed he'd been out here for almost a week.

I managed to get a sail up, and we turned towards the harbor, of which I could just make out the lights shining on the bottoms of distant storm clouds. I couldn't find a child's life vest, which verified that he was a stowaway, but managed to get one of the smaller vests on him.


This morning I was in a car being driven by a cute woman with a round face, freckles dusted across her nose, and a very sleek looking pageboy haircut. Her hair was a light coppery color and her eyes were a matching shade of brown.

We were chatting about something inconsequential whe she suddenly pulled her left shoe off, causing the car to drift a bit. I was polite and didn't say anything. She crossed her left leg over her right and curled her toes so I could see her toenail polish.

" I got this really cute pedicure, see?"

Her toenails were painted with peach blossoms on a green and blue background. Her feet and toes were absolutely the cutest I have ever seen. "Your toes are the cutest I have ever seen." As I looked up from her toes my line if sight went up her very shapely calf and across her smooth thigh, under wher her sundress had hiked up to she just the tiniest bit of her yellow panties and a sparse layer of ginger curls escaping the edge.

"Hey! Eyes on the toes!"

I looked up, she was looking directly at me, blushing and pulling her dress down over her lap. The car swerved a bit.

"Eyes on the road." I resisted the urge to grab for the dash as she swerved us back into our lane.

"You owe me now!"

I crossed me left leg over and curled my toes in to show her my toenails. I was just wearing sandals.

"That's not what I mean, and you know it."

"How about we wait until you're not trying to drive?"

I woke up thinking that whoever this was she was the prettiest woman I had ever dreamed up.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home