.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Vampires at the Mall.

        I dreamed I was in some sort of mall, collecting up items for work when the mall was suddenly feeling  very deserted. I ended up finding a lot of vampires and for some reason they seemed to assume I was one of them and didnt attack me.

        After a short while I was able to get outside into the sun, where, they couldnt run after me. They could still throw things, and they were able to throw stuff really hard. I was quite battered and bruised by the time I got to the first row of cars and could take cover.

        When I woke up I knew that the plot of this dream was pretty much just two lines. The dream lasted a very long time, and I interacted with a half dozen different vampires, including a couple of very pretty women. The surreal nature of hanging with predators meant I had to practice a lot of self control to not give away how frightened I was. Every time we walked somewhere I worried that I was going to see someone I knew, and have to blow my cover in trying to save them, too.

        I was quite glad when the group revealed that their attack was somewhat botched and most everyone in the mall escaped out into the sunshine. There really were no fatalities, and theyd managed to pick up a couple of groupies, amongst the bitten ones. I managed to avoid my first instinct, which was to suggest that perhaps they should have attacked after nightfall. Although it wouldnt really have helped them, as the mall closing at 9 PM still meant there was plenty of daylight left.

        The dream reality glitched after I had escaped, and I was back in the mall, helping the vampires make the transition from the mall into the back of a long panel truck. I was using a large tarp to keep the sun off of them as they ran from the mall to the truck. Once they were all inside I was volunteered to drive them to safety. I wasnt sure why they didnt use one of their groupies for that. One of the women explained that they didnt trust their judgment, as they couldnt believe that anyone would choose to be a vampire. Completely not what I was expecting for an answer.

        None of the groupies had actually bitten a vampire back, so I couldnt see how they would become a vampire. (Apparently I knew that returning the biting was the only way to become one in this particular version of reality.)

        I had to wonder if I was under some sort of hypnosis. To which the female vampire answered that I wasnt, but they knew I was a reasonable person and wouldnt just randomly doom them all.


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home