.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wife, Brother, Best Friends

DROG 20110720

I was in bed, asthma and foot and hand pain making it difficult to want to get up. N appeared at the foot of my bed. She was dressed in a creme dress with bright flowers all over it. (Like the T mobile girl would wear.) It was scoop necked and tight waisted with a flared skirt. She had obviously gotten over her fear of pink because her lipstick was bright fuchsia. N was there to gloat over the divorce being final and to show me "what I was missing out on." 

I knew I was dreaming by this time, so asked myself why was my brain doing  this? Instead of an answer the conversation just continued with N saying it went wrong four years ago when I refused to go along on some Victorian costume jaunt. 

So apparently it had nothing to do with my near constant complaints about my illness or my dislike of her self medication, or my being overweight. I realized there was no use arguing, as I would be arguing with myself.


Later I dreamed that my brother had come down to visit, a little escape time. We were walking along one of the many trails at the WAP. We talked a little about growing up, and a lot about how different it was for his kids. I didn't have much to offer, as I had only worked with hundreds of kids that were not my own, and with few exceptions we were involved in activities they desperately wanted to succeed at. Really a very different environment than a family.


This morning's offering was the trip to the San Diego ComicCon 2012, and because of the number of us we ended up having to take two cars. No one rode with me so I was on my own. 

I managed to snag a small parking space on the street, neatly tucked in between to red zones, but the curb was clearly not red, and there were white space indicator lines on either end of the spot. I walked back to the entrance and waited for the rest of them to show up.

It was so noisy that they didn't hear me calling to them as they walked by. I had left my cell phone at home, so had no way to call M and ask him to wait for me inside. By the time I got checked in, the floor had opened and my group was gone. I hoped they would remember to meet at six for dinner.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home