.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Photo Contest


      I dreamed I was taking photos for a contest, having worked my way through the previous few days shooting two other models. I was the only amateur in a group of 5 photographers, so the contest organizers had paired me with the least well known models first. During the setup (at a pool at the Playboy mansion) one of the judges came up to me and told me to go ahead and "cut loose, experiment." I'd already been judged the best in the first three photo shoots, so'd already won the prize. They really wanted to see what I could get from the two well known models that remained, and if if it was good enough, they would think about hiring me. The judge was particularly impressed that I had shot their most "difficult" meaning plain, unfortunately, model so well that the art director didn't want to use the airbrush on my images. The art director claimed that I'm managed to make skin texture look sexy.
      Good thing, since I think skin texture is sexy.
      During the shoot there were several background models, including an extremely freckled woman in a one piece bathing suit. I liked the pro models I was working with, but made sure I had Freckles in a few shots, and then worked up the courage to ask if I could shoot her (I really didn't want to know what the cost was going to be.) Upon getting closer, she took off her shades and we realized that we knew one another, and were both a little bit surprised to find one another at the Playboy Mansion. She was modeling to make some industry contacts, which she decided she needed to help jumpstart her career. She'd decided after being here just a few hours to keep her shades on, as she didn't think she'd be taken seriously after working as living scenery at a Playboy party.
      I explained that I'd just won a contest that allowed me to be part of the Playboy photographer contest, I was the token "average reader." Even though I really wasn't a reader. We had a good laugh, and she agreed to model for me later. Maybe we could make each other famous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home