.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Haunted Hellementary, Google Bus

Media Assistant at a Haunted Hellementary School.

 

            I dreamed that N and I had retired and moved to a small community in a heavily forested area. It wasn't long before I was drawn back to work at the local Elementary school as a Media technician. I was helping get the library computer lab all set up, then ran a bunch of TV cables to the DVD players in their classroom. I got to the multi-purpose room, and the teacher who was using it commented that the room was haunted.

            I said "that's interesting" and the teacher could tell from my tone that I didn't really think so.

            "Watch this." she went to the back of the MPR where there was a sound mixer and a synthesizer. She started the drum synth running.

            "Now, when we play a certain drum riff, the place goes crazy." She switched to the drum riff. The lights immediately started to go on and off on their own.

            I walked over to see what she was doing on the synth. She took her hands off, and the music continued on its own. I disconnected the midi control to the sound board. Still, the music kept playing. The lights started to swivel around.

            "Now, watch along the wall, there!" she pointed.

            There was an orb of light racing along the wall. It was vaguely human shaped. I could tell the light source was the moving lighting instruments. (Though that didn't explain how it was that they were moving, and much faster than the little motors should have been able to move them.)

            As suddenly as the light show started, it was over and everything was back to normal.

            "We try not to do that when kids are around."

            "I should say so. What happens if you turn off the power during the display?"

            "The power was off. Only the keyboard has power."

            I checked, and the lighting control system was off, even the plug was pulled out of the wall.

 

Google Bus

            I dreamed I was at Pizza Night with A and S plus a few others. I'd had my usual and was feeling pretty talkative. I had a funny idea. We should start a business and let Google buy us out.

            "What sort of business."

            "A free bus service, all 100% advertising supported. The WiFi would default to their search page." I smiled.

            "And Google would buy that because?"

            "Google Bus is just such a cool name."

            It sounded much funnier in the dream.

 

Ad astra per technica,

FF

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home