.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, December 15, 2006

9 New Cats, Water Ballet Working the Pump Cage

            I dreamed I was living with N in Mom and Dad's house. I came home from work and there were a couple of white kittens romping in the living room. They scampered out into the patio. N was there with their Mom cat, and another mom cat with kittens. Nine new cats in total. Three white, a mom and two of her kittens, the others were a calico mom and three calico kittens as well as two harlequin kitten.

            "What are we going to do with nineteen cats?"

            "They need to be taken care of, there wasn't anyone else."

 

            In my next dream I was in some sort of cage structure by a pool located at the end of a lake. Our water ballet dancers were covered with soap bubbles and sent out onto the lake to perform. When they returned they were topless under the bubbles, for some reason this surprised me, even though I knew we were doing a nude water ballet. The boaters began to come over to our dock area and I had to start running the pump up and down by pushing against the top bars of my cage then squatting up and down in rhythm with the pump.

            I was apparently part of the show in my sequin covered shorts. The water I was pumping went into a water fall that in turn filled the performance pool. There was a group in a connected hot tub, arguing about who had to wear the tails for the show. One of the new performers asked what was so bad about the tail, so they handed him one.

            "How am I supposed to wear this? There's no strap."

            No one said anything as he turned the thing over looking at the latex plug on the end of the tail.

            "Oh!"

             They looked up at me. "I'm working, and I already have my costume." I said and continued pumping the water into the waterfall for the show. I was thinking to myself that I was too old to be in a topless water ballet. Apparently I was the only one with the right combination of strength and rhythm to work the pump cage. Oh, and I got to sing, too.

 

Ad astra per technica,

FF

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home