.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Evacuation Bus Stop: Hobby Store

          I dreamed I was driving a large busload of people who were being evacuated from their homes, as they were in the path of an oncoming nuclear cloud. Before we could get out of Escondido, though, the whole busload voted to stop at the hobby store.

          I tried to get everybody to hurry along, but the owners decided to give us the VIP tour of the underground storage areas, with all of the flying models actually assembled and ready to fly. The vast underground warehouse was filled to the rafters with flying model aircraft, remote control cars, dollhouses, and thousands of other model craft type items. I really felt that we should get going (radioactive cloud, anyone?) but couldn't round anyone else up. I made my way to the front of the store, and asked if they had any Origami airplane books, or perhaps railroad origami.

         "Airplanes, yes, but not model railroads, that would be very cool."

         "Let me see the airplane ones, maybe I'll have to write a model railroad origami book myself."

         "If you do, you could have your first book signing here!"

         "Thank you. This dream really diverged from its theme, didn't it?"

         The clerk just looked at me all confused, but the dream really didn't get back on track after that.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home