.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Elite Dangerous: Escapades

In my nap time dream I was playing Elite: Horizons, and shortly after uploading and installing the newest update, called Escapades, or Escapes, I can't really remember I logged out, and then logged into the new game. At first it wasn't any different, but then I noticed that when I was a cruising speed, I could lock the helm and get up and walk around. I was able to switch to the other seat, below me, with a great view below the ship. While this was going on I got the interdiction warning. There was no fighting it though, as I was being interdicted by the kill in 5 second alien ship.

Oddly, I didn't get fired on, it was like it knew I wasn't at the helm. I rushed back and took the helm off of its course lock. BIG MISTAKE. The alien vessel opened up on me, and true to its nickname, I was floating in space.
"Okay," I thought. I should have been facing the rebuy screen. However, I wasn't. I was floating in space, seeing a helmet HUD item "Engaging Remlock" and as the screen dimmed out from the outer edges in, I saw the five second ship drop a glowy set of tendrils that reached out for me.

Vision returned and I was in an alien structure, on foot. I was not, as far as I could tell, restrained except by the massive structure I was in. I began to explore, and there were minerals and broken ship parts to pick up, but more importantly, there were signs of other life, noises in the distance - voices. A data pad with only enough power to read out a couple of entries. My own data pad was at 99% Power. I wandered around for about an hour, picking up stuff at random, finding old Lakon control panels that still had some data stored in them. There was alien technology as well, but I dumped it pretty quickly as my health began to suffer. In the dream I played through a couple of hours of this. Having managed to scrounge up enough parts to build a makeshift weapon, I found myself in and underground tunnel system fighting robots that looked uncomfortably like glowing eyed skeletons. I was looking out over a long drop. There was a lot of red blood trickles that lead into a pool shaped like a leaf with a glowing center. I swayed back and forth, judging the distance, I was just figuring I could make a safe-ish landing when I was struck from behind by one of the robots I had left for dead. It wasn't, but now I was facing the rebuy screen. There were new options... to continue my "Captivity." It had a note that you would lose access to the insured ship just as taking the free sidewinder option. There was a line for bounties and fines in the ship insurance cost. Mine were "0" so I'd apparently died a good boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home